The team at Pro-Motive knows exactly what to do if your engine needs attention.
We can identify and fix a range of engine problems, including:
- Sluggish acceleration
- Poor throttle response
- Changed idle quality
- Reduced fuel economy
- Spark knock or pinging
- Illuminated check engine light
Noticed an engine problem? Engine management systems can have up to 30 significant sensors or drivers. Our team is highly familiar with identifying and fixing difficulties with them all.
We know that issues with sensors or drivers can compromise the drivability and safety of your vehicle, so once you’ve booked an appointment with us, we can:
- Perform a road test
- Undertake a health check using leading scan tools
- Examine the engine management system data and codes
- Discuss the results with you before going ahead with further work
We will ensure the key engine components are examined and evaluated. In particular, we will check that:
- The input sensors are providing all the information needed to calculate safe, appropriate values
- The sensors for air temperature, coolant temperature, speed and the accelerator pedal are working within recommended limits
- The crank angle, cam angle, throttle position, air flow and knock sensor signals are all accurate and correct so performance and fuel economy are optimized
- The drivers that control idle speed, throttle function, fuel injection, exhaust emissions and timing controls are within acceptable ranges
Get in touch to find out how we can help you to ensure your engine is running smoothly. Contact us today.